Friday, September 7, 2012

Blackcurrant Mint Mojito

This was an experiment that turned out really well!

















I bought Creme de Cassis without really having a plan for it.  I knew it was a blackcurrant flavored liquor that was typically used in a drink called kir (Creme de Cassis topped with wine).  So I decided it would taste good in a mojito... and it did!

















I have a love/hate relationship with mojitos.  I really love the taste of them and they are a great vacation drink.  It's tropical with out being too fruity and overly sweet.
















However, I hate how the mint gets stuck in my teeth.  I have been embarrassed a few times by finding out that I have a piece muddled mint replacing one of my front teeth. 
















That's not a good look for anyone.



Blackcurrant Mint Mojito
(makes 1 beverage)

2 sprigs of mint
1/2 oz lime juice
3/4 oz simple syrup
3/4 oz Creme de Cassis
1 1/2 oz rum
soda water

Mix 1 sprig of mint, lime juice and simple syrup in a bar glass and muddle to release the mint flavor.  Add the Creme de cassis and rum.  You can shake this in a cocktail shaker or just go ahead and pour it over ice in the serving glass (I strained out my mint - can't get stuck in my teeth now!).  Top with soda water and garnish with the sprig of mint.  

No comments:

Post a Comment