Monday, August 20, 2012

White Bean & Cream Cheese Spread

A restaurant near by serves a white bean and cream cheese spread with warm rolls.  It frequently ruins my dinner because I eat too much of it.
 Based on the name, I thought it would be easy to replicate this dish.  However, I struggled!
 I mixed together the cream cheese and cannellini beans; a good start but not nearly as tasty as the restaurant spread.  The addition of some spices helped but it still tasted too cream cheesy.
I added some butter (what doesn't taste better with butter?) and it finally started to taste right.  So it's not very healthy... 
But I will still let it spoil my appetite for dinner. 


White Bean & Cream Cheese Spread
Makes ~ 1 1/4 cups

Ingredients 
4 oz cream cheese, room temp.
1/4 cup butter, room temp.
1/2 cup cannellini beans, rinsed and dry
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon cumin
salt & pepper to taste

Directions
Let cream cheese and butter come to room temperature in a bowl.  Rinse cannellini beans and set aside to dry.  Add all the spices to the bowl of cream cheese and butter and whisk until well combined.  Carefully stir in the beans.  Serve with crackers or bread.


No comments:

Post a Comment