Friday, August 17, 2012

Blackberry Bourbon Fizz

I've broken a promise to myself.
 This past Sunday morning I swore to myself I would never, ever drink again!  I was quite serious about it at the time since all my organs were screaming at me: head, stomach, and I'm sure my liver, were all pissed.
 But it was also just last week that I decided I would try to post a new cocktail every Friday.  And I also promised (I need to stop making promises) Joe I'd make a macho drink:

Joe: "Why don't you make a more manly drink that isn't pink? ...like something with blackberries!"

Now you know, blackberries are masculine.
 So here it is - the Blackberry Bourbon Fizz.  Pretty yummy but not for the meek.  You taste the bourbon so you better have a palate for it, however, it is not so overwhelming that you can't enjoyably sip this down.


Blackberry Bourbon Fizz

Ingredients
(For blackberry juice - made just over 4 oz for me but it will depend on the berries)
12 oz blackberries (reserve some for garnishing)
1/2 cup superfine sugar

(For cocktail - 1 serving)
1 1/2 oz bourbon
3/4 oz simple syrup
1 oz blackberry juice
1/4 oz lime juice
club soda

Directions
For blackberry juice - Place blackberries and superfine sugar in a bowl.  Mash up the berries and let the mixture macerate for 15 minutes or until juicy.  Strain out the seeds so you are just left with juice.

For cocktail - Place all ingredients except the club soda in a cocktail shaker and top with ice.  Shake well and pour into a glass over ice.  Top with club soda and garnish if you'd like.

2 comments:

  1. Hey,
    I just hopped over to your site via Stumbleupon. Not somthing I would normally read, but I liked your thoughts none the less. Thanks for making something worth reading.

    Make softgel in china

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I think we all made that promise...looks like I might be the only one able to keep it :)

    ReplyDelete