Monday, October 8, 2012

Mulled Cider with Spiced Rum


This was supposed to be posted on Friday.
















I had the idea and the ingredients last week but did not get around to making it.

















We had an intramural volleyball game on Thursday night and I decided it would not help our chances of victory if we had a cocktail before.
























Although after losing all three games, I don't think it would have hurt.
















In fact, I'm surprised I didn't go home and drown my sorrows in a warm cup of this spiced cider.


Mulled Cider with Spiced Rum
(makes 2)

20 oz apple cider
lemon rind
whole cloves
pinch of allspice
cinnamon stick
1 ½ oz spiced rum

Stud the lemon rind with cloves.  Add the rind to a medium saucepan with the apple cider and allspice.  Bring to a simmer -  you should be able to smell the lemon zest and spices.  Pour into mugs and add the spiced rum.  Garnish with a cinnamon stick.




No comments:

Post a Comment